Sometimes people are confused as to whether puffy eyes and bags under the eyes are one and the same. Many reports claim that both these conditions are the same.
As a person becomes older, a bit of swelling, a sort of puffiness under eyes, are not uncommon. As you age, the muscles and the tissues in the vicinity of the eyes, that give support to the eyelids, slacken.
The usual fat that aids in supporting the eyes shift over into the lower eyelids making the lids look puffed, and this could also be aggravated by the fluid that collects in the gap below the eyes.
These bags under the eyes are the result of the accumulation of fatty deposits and can be reduced by cosmetic correction. Home remedies like cold compresses can alleviate puffiness and eye bags to an extent, but for more stubborn fat under your eyes, cosmetic treatment may be the lone solution.
Puffy Eyes Causes
Cause for puffy eyes can differ from person to person. The first cause is that it can be inherited. If your eyes fill up with tears even when you are not emotionally upset, there is a possibility that an allergy or some injury could be the cause for the puffiness. Hay fever allergy is one of the common reasons, along with a runny nose and sneezing.
They can also be induced by the retention of fluid that could be caused by alterations in the level of hormones, and for a woman, when she is due her menstrual cycle or when she is pregnant. As per Romow.com, insufficient lymph flow can also be one of the causes for puffy eyes. By sleeping with your head at a higher level than the body using a thicker pillow and by doing regular exercises, this condition can be overcome.
Water paucity can cause swollen eyes and can be remedied by drinking lots of water. Too much of salt content in the body can also cause puffiness below the eyes due to water retention; this could lead to edema in the hands and feet too.
Sudden changes in the climatic conditions can be another reason for puffiness under the eyes, especially if you are in the habit of permanently rubbing your eyes because they are itchy. This makes your eyes swell forming bags under them.
Allergies to certain foods and sleeplessness are other reasons for swollen eyes.
However, if you find that the puffiness persist and attempts to eliminate them fail, it would be best to consult your doctor, because puffy eyes could also be indicative of problems with the kidney or the thyroid.
If your eyes are puffy it will be practical to look for an enduring solution by identifying the root cause. The eyes and eyelids being very sensitive, can get red and puffed up easily. However, there is no cause for worry. The mild puffiness that you may see during the mornings, may gradually decrease by midday when gravity draws out the fluid that has collected beneath the eyes through the night.
Research has shown that one of the best ingredients you can find in an eye skin care product to reduce puffy eyes is Eyeliss™. Another effective ingredient is Haloxyl™ and when these two ingredients are combined the results for reducing under eye puffiness, dark circles and eye wrinkles are even better. To discover the eye serum that incorporates these two essential ingredients and more click here tokiss goodbye to your puffy eyes with the most effective eye serum on the market today!.
Puffy Eyes Remedies
Sometimes I wake up with puffy eyes in the morning and to relieve the puffiness under my eyes I use one or more of the following remedies:
- Cool a metal spoon in cold water and place it on the area beneath the eyes where it is puffed, for a minute at least.
- Application of haemorrhoid cream, particularly the ones that contain yeast and shark liver oil, to the affected area is believed to get rid of the swelling.
- Soak a small bag of black tea in cold water and place it on each eye alternatively to help reduce puffiness caused by water retention. Softly apply pressure from the inner to the outer corners, to speed up the draining process. Just like black tea bags dampened caffeine bags too will lower puffiness.
- Placing thin slices of cucumber over closed eyelids are also said to alleviate puffy and sore eyes.
- Reduce intake of salt that can cause puffy eyes.
- Beat up egg white stiff, adding a few drops of witch hazel and apply over the puffy area of the eyes with a face brush. It will tighten the skin around the eye area and make the puffiness appear less prominent. The witch hazel will ensure that the egg white does not dry too soon.
- Massaging a little apricot oil from the inner corners outward with your ring finger in a circular motion everyday like a regular exercise will give more strength to the muscles around the eye area, and reduce puffiness.
- Every time you wake up wash your face with cold water. This will help tighten blood vessels and lower swelling.
Eye lift surgery also known as Blepharoplasty is one of the best medical remedies for drooping eyelids and puffy bags.
Another effective way to get rid of puffy eyes is by practicing facial exercises. Practice these eye exercises every day like me and you will notice an improvement on the skin around your eyes.
There is also a special treatment involving application of Vitamin K serum two times a day along with the utilization of a particular eye mask that is created from pure collagen permeated with whitening agents that help to brighten and keep the area moist. In the beginning, it is applied two times a week, and after four weeks it needs to be applied only once or twice a month. The exclusive feature of this mask is that it is fully absorbed into the skin during application.
Usually this should result in reducing puffy eyes; it can definitely enhance the appearance around your eyes; only remember to select a simple and gentle skin care treatment so that the puffiness around your eyes is diminished, while the skin around your eyes is left undamaged.
Around the web: